We are identifying the families still in need of our Life Boxes through the Outreach Programme.
The Outreach Program was initiated in 2009. It is now run through the Mama Cocha Centre by our Psychologist and Project Manager.
Its aim is to offer in-house support to families with children or young people living in hard to reach areas or in vulnerable situations affected by:
- Single parent family
Once our team identifies a family in need of support, we create with them a program called Proyecto de Vida (Life Project), which is designed to improve their quality of life.
This involves several stages and areas:
- An assessment of needs and risks of the family situation
- Provision of Physiotherapy/Speech Therapy
- Education about health, education and their rights in society
- Education about hygiene and practical advice on how to improve their homes within their possibilities
- Education and practical advice on how to look after their children and how to discipline them
- Practical advice on food and nutrition, always within their realms of possibility
- Provision of basic household items to improve their quality of living such as mattresses/beds/cooker/clothes/warm blankets etc
- Facilitating contact and acting as a representative for the family with local schools, clinics or other institutions relevant to the families’ individual situation and needs.
- Items identified that the family need in their life box: Nappies, food items, vitamins, milk etc.